Wednesday, August 19, 2009

People We Can All Do Without

Today I read a list by Melanie of You Are My Fave. The list is actually on The Voyage of V, as she was a guest blogger today. I think it is fantastic, so check it out here.

I'd like to add a few to the list of people we can all do without:
* people who take up the entire sidewalk even though you are coming toward them
* people who explain jokes, etc. that you understood well enough on your own
* people who repeat themselves
* people whose parents call into the college bookstore for them (at age eighteen!) two weeks early to make sure all of their books are available NEW and request said books to be placed on hold so their son/daughter won't have to get books that may have a note or highlight here and there
* those people's parents
*people who walk up to the Textbook Information desk requesting info about a book, without the name or author of the book, or name of the class, or basically anything helpful at all
* people who stop in the middle of the road without putting on their turn signal and get upset with you for not reading their mind and stopping to let them turn

Okay, I think this is going a bit far, so I'm going to end it here. I hope you enjoyed, and go read Melanie's post!

4 comments:

  1. Ohmigosh, you are SO right with the first one. I hate when you're walking down a sidewalk, solo, and there are two or three people coming the other direction, and they don't move over AT ALL. How inconsiderate can one possibly be?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it's even better when they say something like, 'umm it's a green book, that's all I know...' Aha! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm adding a few too
    - boys in jean shorts
    - people who stare at you at red lights

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have to move for people when walking down a sidewalk! Sometimes I wonder if I didn't move if we would just run straight into one another. I also think we can do without non-signallers! Great list!

    ReplyDelete